Grundy Art Gallery, Queen Street, Blackpool, FY1 1PU – Visit Now
With an exhibition programme that often draws on the the work of contemporary artists in the North West and the image of the seaside town in contemporary culture, Grundy Art Gallery is uniquely connected to its Blackpool home. The Edwardian gallery was founded in 1908 after brothers John and Cuthburt Grundy bequeathed a collection of thirty three artworks to Blackpool Council. The Grundy continues to engage local residents in the arts and has exhibited work by Gilbert and George, Cragie Aitchison and Martin Creed. Pieces from Grundys’ original collection, which includes Victorian watercolours, contemporary prints and jewellary are also displayed in temporary exhibitions.