This month sees the return of the Manchester Histories Festival – and to celebrate we’re giving away the chance to win a weekend in Manchester for two.
Manchester is, as we may have said just a few times over the last few years, a place with a past. So it makes perfect sense for the city to have its own history festival – and to mark the return of Manchester Histories Festival, we’re giving away a weekend break in the city.
This year’s MHF features 160 events, from music, film screenings, brewery tours, debate and talks by renowned historians to performances, walking tours and exhibitions. Our picks include a major laser beam artwork at The Quays, tours of the Godlee Observatory (surely one of Manchester’s best-kept secrets), the grand re-opening of Central Library and the exhibition Belle Vue: Showground of the World.
We’ve teamed up with the clever people behind the festival to bring you a weekend break for two in Manchester that includes: train travel for two (standard class return on any First Transpennine Express train to Manchester) and a one-night stay including breakfast at Doubletree by Hilton Manchester on Saturday 29 March 2014. We’re also giving away two tickets to Skyliner Field Trip’s walking tour FAQUES, which includes an illustrated map designed by Generic Greeting Collective’s Will Berry and commissioned especially for the festival.
To enter, all you have to do is fill in the form below. The winner will be picked at random at 10am on Thursday 20 March 2014.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
Terms and conditions.
The competition prize includes two standard class return tickets on First TransPennine Express (FTPE) trains to Manchester from anywhere on the (FTPE) network plus hotel accommodation for two people on Saturday 29 March 2014 only at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Manchester – Piccadilly including breakfast, and two tickets for the new Skyliner Field Trip: FAQUES at 2pm on Saturday 29 March plus a new map that locates, or at least hints at, the locations featured in Faques tour designed by Will Berry of Generic Greeting Collective especially for the Manchester Histories Festival.
1. The winner will be the first correct entry selected at random from all correct entries received. No purchase necessary. No cash alternative given. Prize draw is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over, except employees and their immediate families of First TransPennine Express, Hilton Worldwide, Creative Tourist, Manchester Histories Festival their agents or anyone professionally connected with this draw. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners will be notified as soon as possible after the closing date. Only one entry per person.
2. The winning entry will receive one night’s standard accommodation on the evening of Saturday 29 March for 2 people (1 room, Bed and Breakfast) at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Manchester – Piccadilly, One Piccadilly Place, 1 Auburn St, Manchester M1 3DG, UK. Prize also includes two standard class return train tickets to Manchester from any station on the First Transpennine Express network. Train travel is only valid on First TransPennine Express train services to and from Manchester and cannot be used on other operators’ trains. The prize does not include meals (except where stated), beverages, additional expenditure or spending money. Prize must be used on the weekend of the 29th/30th March 2014.
3. The closing date for receipt of all entries is 10am on Friday 21 March 2014.
4. The prizes must be accepted as offered and are not transferable or for resale. There is no cash alternative.
5. Entrants will automatically be added to the Creative Tourist mailing list. We never, ever share data and we respect your privacy and won’t bombard you with emails (honest). If you would like to be added to the Manchester Histories Festival mailing list please visit: http://www.manchesterhistoriesfestival.org.uk/