The Black-E, 1 Great George Street, Liverpool, L1 5EW – Visit Now
The Black-E was formerly known as the Blackie, because it was discoloured by a century of soot propelled from tens of thousands of domestic coal fires, like many other buildings in Liverpool. It has now been transformed as part of a multi-million pound project, and has relaunched as a multi-purpose community arts facility, boasting a vast performance space. The former Congregational Church on Great George Street, built in 1840, is now pumping with a plethora of exhibitions, workshops, classes and events ranging from a Samba School to youth art exhibitions.
Services and FacilitiesExhibitions, events, workshops, youth arts programme
Commercial and hire servicesAvailable for hire