Liverpool Playhouse, Williamson Square, Liverpool, L1 1EL – Visit Now
The Liverpool Playhouse is a theatre in Williamson Square, which started out life in 1866 as a music hall, before being developed into a repertory theatre in 1911. Architectural changes have been made to the building over the years, but the Grade II listed building is the only surviving Victorian Theatre still in active theatrical use in Merseyside. The Auditorium, built on three levels, still retains much of its 1911 structure and plasterwork. In 1999 a trust was formed, joining the management of the Playhouse with that of the Everyman Theatre. The Playhouse has a varied programme of shows.