Make your art blog, culture blog, travel or personal blog the best it can be with the second of our Blog North events – brought to you by Creative Tourist, The Culture Vulture and the Manchester Blog Awards, and our friends Tate Liverpool and The Double Negative.
Blog North #2 runs on Saturday 4 August 2012 at Tate Liverpool
After the success of the first of our blog events in May, we bring you our second, a mix of professional workshops and networking, specially designed to support you in your blogging adventures. This time, the focus is on digital tricks and tools, and how to use social media to make sure that your carefully-crafted posts reach the readership they deserve. The venue is rather special, too: the glorious Tate Liverpool, with your ticket price including access to its summer blockbuster exhibition, Turner Monet Twombly: Later Paintings (worth £12).
The day’s workshops are:
- Cutting edge social tools for a better online life. The Next Web’s Martin Bryant discusses the latest tools and trends online and how they can improve both your professional and personal life;
- Is Twitter working hard enough for you? By Emma Bearman, a leading social media consultant and the brains behind influential blog The Culture Vulture.
- Love your blog Q&A. Learn how to step up a gear from the founders of Liverpool online art magazine, The Double Negative. Laura Robertson and Mike Pinnington outline how they turned blogging into a profession.
The day’s networking and social stuff includes:
- Lunch provided by Tate Liverpool, with your fellow Blog Northers and culture blogs Creative Tourist, The Culture Vulture and The Double Negative, and Tate staff;
- Free entry to the Tate’s summer exhibition (worth £12);
- An optional networking session hosted by The Double Negative, Liverpool’s online art magazine, and friends;
- You’ll also get a goody bag, an info pack to help you blog about the day, and free tea and coffee.
It is quite a packed day – and all this costs just £25 (plus booking fees; 10% discount for Blog North members). This event has now SOLD OUT. Please join our mailing list for advance info on future events.
Who should attend?
If you are a blogger, then this is for you. It’s a session that has been designed by bloggers, for bloggers. And it’s not all about showing off the best blog sites: you can be a complete newbie looking for tips on writing a blog, or someone looking to move up to the next level. Whatever stage you are at, this is a chance to discover more about how blogging works and to find out how to raise your profile, as well as to connect with like-minded souls and be a bit, you know, sociable.
On top of that, anyone who goes on to blog about the things they see as part of a Blog North event will become an accredited member of our network. We will link to those posts from Creative Tourist and The Culture Vulture, as well as from participating venues’ social media channels – a chance to raise the profile of your blog considerably.
Are there any discounts?
We’d like to make Blog North as open and inclusive an event as possible. The ticket price has been kept low, with an extra 10% discount for existing Blog North members. We also have ten free places on offer. If you’d like to apply, just email email@example.com and tell us why you’d like a free place (including links to your blogs). We’ll then let you know by Wednesday 25 July whether you’ve been successful or not in claiming a free place.
A little bit about our partners
Blog North is all about people; about networking and building the relationships offline that help to make blogging a happy and successful venture. And as such, we couldn’t run this event without the help of our friends: Emma at The Culture Vulture, Kate at the Manchester Blog Awards, Ami and Rachel at Tate Liverpool, and Mike and Laura at The Double Negative. A big thanks to them, and particularly to Tate Liverpool for its generosity and openness; without them this event wouldn’t be taking place.